Warm & Spicy Couscous Salad with Quorn Vegan Fillets
Shredded Quorn Vegan Fillets in a sweet and spicy sauce served on a bed of fluffy couscous mixed with roasted butternut squash, peppers & plum tomatoes. Topped with toasted pine nuts, spring onions & coriander.
12 g of fat
- 4 Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 80ml pineapple juice
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- ½ butternut squash, diced 3cm x 3cm
- 1 red of yellow pepper
- de-seeded and sliced
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 120g couscous
- 200ml boiling water
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ¼ lime juice
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the chilli, cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the brown sugar and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the pineapple juice and mango chutney, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the Quorn Fillets onto a baking tray and pour over the sauce.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until core temperature is reached. Remove from the oven and using two forks, shred the fillets into strips. Keep warm if serving hot.
- On a second baking tray, spread out the butternut squash, peppers and plum tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, bring the water to the boil. Add in the couscous, remove from the heat and cover. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables through the fluffy couscous and drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- Place the shredded fillets on top of the salad. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, coriander and spring onions and serve hot or cold.