Quorn Meat Free Crispy Nuggets in Chili Crabless Dip
Quorn Crispy Nuggets are the perfect TV companion when you’re craving for something to snack on. Pair it with this locally inspired chili crabless dip to give it a fiery crunch!
A Little Effort
Low in saturated fat
Source of protein
Source of fibre
- 130g red chili – minced
- 25g chili padi – minced
- 40g dried whole chili – soaked in hot water and minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil – to blend till smooth
- 40g garlic – minced
- 40g shallot – minced
- 40g galangal – minced
- 40g roasted peanuts – finely grounded
- 60g old ginger – minced
- 150g tomato ketchup
- 150ml orange juice concentrate/ cordial/ syrup
- 500ml vegetables consommé (refer to recipe below)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- A dash of corn starch mixture
- 2 eggs – beaten
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
- Spring onion – chopped for garnish
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- In a food processor, blend red chili, chili padi and dried chili with a touch of oil till well incorporated.
- Sauté the blended chilli paste in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend garlic, shallot and galangal with oil.
- Sauté blended mixture in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and set aside.
- In a heated wok, combine both blended mixtures with peanuts, old ginger, tomato ketchup and orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Combine spice mixture with vegetable consommé and stir, seasoning with salt and sugar to taste.
- Thicken with corn starch mixture and slowly drizzle the beaten egg mixture into the sauce until smooth.
- To serve, ladle the sauce into a bowl and garnish with spring onions.
- In a large wok, heat up oil and deep fry Quorn Meat Free Crispy Nuggets until hot and crispy.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.