Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet with Chili Tamarind Coulis
Prepare for a burst of flavour in your mouth with each bite of this dish! A marriage of flavours from the spice and tanginess that blends well with our Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet. You can even make extra servings of the sauce as dipping sauces!
A Little Effort
- 4pcs Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet
- 200g red capsicum – deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100g red chili – deseeded and roughly chopped
- 30g red chili padi – stems removed
- 50g shallots
- 50g garlic
- 5g coriander root – cleaned and roughly chopped
- 100g tamarind paste
- 200ml water
- 40g palm or white sugar
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 60ml vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
- Black sesame seeds – for garnish
- Red chili padi – sliced for garnish
- To prepare the Chili tamarind coulis, blend red capsicum, red chili, chili padi, red onion, garlic and coriander root in food processor till smooth and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix tamarind paste and water together until dissolved. Sieve the mixture to remove fibres, capturing the juice in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Heat up wok over medium heat with oil, add blended chili paste and stir fry for about 8 – 10 minutes or until the oil starts to separate from the chili paste
- Pour in 100ml of tamarind juice and stir to mix well.
- Add sugar and light soy sauce to the mixture and stir for about 5 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Air fry Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet at 190°c for 8 minutes or fry in oil for 1 minute until golden brown.
- To serve, ladle chili tamarind coulis in the centre of a plate and top it with sliced Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet. Garnish with black sesame seeds, coriander leaves and red chili padi.