Spicy Auspicious Szechuan Chilli Chicken
Spicy Auspicious Szechuan Chili Chicken is the perfect dish for ancestor worship or the reunion feast. Pairing crispy batter with classic aromatics, this dish epitomises luck.
Made with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
- 150g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 200g Tempura batter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 30g dried chili, soak and remove seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 20g ginger, sliced
- 4 pieces of spring onion, reserve the white part
- 5g Szechuan peppercorn
- 10g vegetarian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat Quorn Pieces in egg, flour and tempura batter, one by one.
- Deep fry the battered Quorn Pieces in hot oil at 180 degree for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden in colour.
- Set aside the cooked Quorn Pieces to rest.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil to sautee the ginger and garlic. Once fragrant, add in the chili and peppercorn, frying for another 3 minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the Quorn Pieces to the pan and fry until the dish is aromatic. This should take about 2 minutes over medium high heat.
Pro tip: Use a cast iron pan or wok for that signature “Dragon Breath” flavour. And, for an extra kick, bring up the heat when frying the chili and peppercorn.