- 150g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 200g Tempura batter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 30g dried chili, soak and remove seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 20g ginger, sliced
- 4 pieces of spring onion, reserve the white part
- 5g Szechuan peppercorn
- 10g vegetarian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat Quorn Pieces in egg, flour and tempura batter, one by one.
- Deep fry the battered Quorn Pieces in hot oil at 180 degree for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden in colour.
- Set aside the cooked Quorn Pieces to rest.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil to sautee the ginger and garlic. Once fragrant, add in the chili and peppercorn, frying for another 3 minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the Quorn Pieces to the pan and fry until the dish is aromatic. This should take about 2 minutes over medium high heat.
Pro tip: Use a cast iron pan or wok for that signature “Dragon Breath” flavour. And, for an extra kick, bring up the heat when frying the chili and peppercorn.