- 1 pack Quorn Fillets, sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 225g shiitake mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 300g ramen noodles
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 340g cooked shelled edamame
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed), toasted and torn into pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in soy sauce, mirin and sugar; cook for 1 minute. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sliced Quorn fillets according to pack directions. In pot of boiling water, cook ramen noodles for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to 4 large soup bowls.
- Ladle broth over noodles. Top with sliced fillets, eggs, edamame, green onions and nori.
- Substitute vegetable broth for mushroom broth if desired.
- Omit egg, and add sliced avocado if desired.