Sweet Pumpkin Risotto with Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet
A traditional risotto served in Northern Italian kitchens is the perfect comfort food. It’s rich, creamy and gives a tangy flavour. Top it off with Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet for that additional crunch!
Made with Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet
Source of Protein
High in Fibre
Low in Saturated Fat
- 2 pcs Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet
- 200g Arborio rice
- 500ml vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- 1 whole red onion - diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 100g grated vegetarian parmesan cheese (adjust to taste)
- 150g choy sum - chopped
- 300g pumpkin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Handful of coriander
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- Peel the pumpkin skin off and scrape the seeds out, discard.
- Dice the pumpkin and steam it until soft about 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the steamed pumpkin, until it reaches the desired puree consistency, adding vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below) if too thick. Set aside
- Blanch the choy sum in hot water for about 3 seconds and immediately strain in a bowl of ice water.
- In a pot, sweat onions in olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add Arborio rice into pot and mix well.
- Ladle enough vegetable consommé to just cover the rice. Stir constantly over high heat.
- Once the vegetable consommé is absorbed, slowly add more stock and stir. Repeat till the risotto reaches a texture that is soft but a little firm.
- Remove from heat and add in butter and parmesan cheese, stirring till well incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin puree and choy sum to the risotto and mix well. Set aside.
- Deep fry Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet till crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, scoop the risotto and place it in the centre of the plate, topping with the fried Quorn Vegan Breaded Fillet.
- Sprinkle the vegetarian parmesan and lay a long stem of coriander as garnish.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes