Steamed Tofu with Quorn Meat Free Mince
A simple but nutritious home-cooked favourite that is tasty yet refreshing! The silky smooth tofu compliments the hearty Quorn Mince sauce and is packed with lots of protein for a healthy meal!
A Little Effort
High in protein
Low in saturated fat
- 150g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 2 blocks of silken tofu – approx. 300g each
- 2 pieces of red chili – diced
- 5g of white fungus – soaked and cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ large green capsicum – diced
- 100 ml vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- 1 tsp garlic – minced
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- A dash of dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Shao Xing Hua Tiao wine
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch solution (1:1 solution of corn starch and water)
- Spring onion – chopped
- Coriander – chopped
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- Place tofu blocks on a heat-safe plate and steam for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat wok up with oil, and stir-fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add in Quorn Mince, capsicum, red chili and white fungus. Mix well.
- Pour in vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below) and allow to simmer.
- Add in vegetarian oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Thicken with corn starch solution.
- Pour mince sauce on top of steamed tofu.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.