Egg Drop Soup with Quorn Swedish Style Ball and Tofu
A classic Chinese soup that’s made with simple ingredients and yet giving it a flavourful and rich taste with every spoon. Add some Quorn Swedish Style Balls in to give it the additional nutrition you need.
A Little Effort
- 150g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 60g tomatoes – diced
- 80g pickled mustard greens/ zha cai – diced
- 1 block silken tofu (Approx. 300 g) – diced
- 1 egg
- 500ml vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1-2g Chinese dried seaweed – for garnish
- Spring onion – chopped for garnish
- Coriander – chopped for garnish
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- Bring vegetable consommé to a boil. Add in pickled mustard greens and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tofu and Quorn Swedish Style Balls into the mixture. Bring it back up to a boil and stir until the tomatoes are cooked through
- Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and slowly drizzle into the boiling broth mixture.
- Serve and garnish with seaweed, spring onion and coriander.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.