Wok-Fried Sausages with Capsicum and Black Fungus
They say that each meal we eat should contain at least three different colours to make sure we’re getting enough of the right nutrients - and this meal really is the whole rainbow! Red, green and yellow capsicum accompany protein-rich Quorn Sausages and exotic black fungus for a traditional flavour hit.
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 80 g red capsicum (diced)
- 80 g green capsicum (diced)
- 80 g yellow capsicum (diced)
- 20 g dry black fungus (soak water/quick poached)
- 100 ml vegetarian stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- A dash of sesame oil
- A dash of corn starch (solution)
- White sesame seeds
- Pan-sear the Quorn Sausages until fragrant and brown in colour (set a-side)
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients and quickly poach (set a-side)
- Heat a pan with a the oil, add in all ingredients and season to taste.
- Add in the corn starch solution.
- Lastly, garnish with white sesame seeds.