- BBQ Teriyaki Quorn Fillets and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
BBQ Teriyaki Quorn Fillets and Pineapple Buddha Bowl3.1428571428571 out of 5, 1 based on 28 ratings
BBQ Teriyaki Quorn Fillets and Pineapple Buddha Bowl
Keep it fresh and healthy this summer with this flavourful Oriental-inspired Buddha bowl. It’s perfect for the BBQ, but can also be cooked in a griddle pan too.
280 CalsPer serving
DifficultyA Little Effort
For the skewers:
- 1 pack of Quorn Fillets, defrosted
- 2 slices fresh or tinned pineapple
For the teriyaki marinade:
- 150ml water
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 pack of pre-cooked quinoa
- 80g romaine lettuce, shredded
- 50g red cabbage, shredded
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 80g read-to-eat edamame beans
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 5g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp peanuts, crushed
- 4 wedges of lime
To make the skewers, place the Quorn Fillets and pineapples onto soaked wooden skewers. Set aside.
To make the teriyaki marinade, put all the ingredients into a small pan and set over a medium heat. Whisk together the ingredients until the sauce thickens. Brush ¾ of this mixture on to the skewers.
Place the skewers on to a pre-heated gas or charcoal BBQ and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure an even cook. Once cooked, remove the fillets and pineapple from the skewers. Slice the fillets diagonally and roughly chop the pineapple. Set aside.
To make the salad, take a large bowl and mix together the quinoa, lettuce, red cabbage, red pepper, carrot and spring onions. Divide the salad between four serving bowls and top in Buddha bowl style with the BBQ’d fillets, grilled pineapple, edamame beans, cucumber ribbons and radishes. Garnish with the coriander, red chilli, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and lime wedges. Drizzle with the remaining teriyaki sauce to serve.