- 200g of Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 300g elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 30g butter
- 30g flour
- 600ml semi skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g melting cheese, grated, for example Cheddar (+ handful of cheese for sprinkling on top)
- 1 stock cube
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the macaroni for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain well and set to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas mark 6.
- Preheat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the Quorn Swedish Style Balls and cook for 4-5 minutes longer then add the courgette and butter and stir until melted then stir in the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk little by little stirring continuously until thickened. This will take approximately 10 minutes. Season to taste and stir in two thirds of the cheese, the macaroni, crumbled stock cube and the cherry tomatoes. Place in an oven proof container, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 12 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
Tip: You can switch courgette and tomatoes to any of your favourite vegetables to complete this family dish. Alternatively, add a teaspoon or two of chipotle chilli paste to the cheese sauce to give a smoky chilli bite and top with a handful of tortilla chips, guacamole, jalapenos and soured cream before serving to give a Mexican twist!