Christmas Quorn Fillet with Baked Eggplant
A nutritious yet elegantly minimal, this is a meat-free take on a Mediterranean stuffed vegetable dish. Aesthetically pleasing, it will complete any Christmas table.
- 252g Quorn Fillets
- 3 Eggplants
- 1 Red capsicum
- 30 gm Edamame
- 10 gm Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place eggplants on a tray and slice in half. Drizzle oil over the eggplant and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and scoop out the flesh, setting it aside for later.
- Pan fry Quorn vegan fillets for 2 minutes, each side, in oil on medium heat.
- Once cooked, cut Quorn fillets into cubes and set aside.
- In a separate pan, add in capsicum, edamame and eggplant flesh, frying until fragrant. Then, add in the Quorn fillets and combine the mixture.
- Once seasoned with salt and pepper, scoop the mixture into the eggplant shells and serve.
- This dish can be prepared way ahead of time,make this a great party dish or pot luck choice.
- Top with a sprinkle vegan cheese just before reheating (if desired)