Poached Quorn Swedish Style Balls with Fragrant Coconut Broth
Enjoy these tender Swedish Style Balls in a creamy coconut milk broth, packed with lots of zest and spices. This Thai-inspired dish can be complimented with a bowl of fragrant rice and is an overall crowd pleaser!
A Little Effort
- 150g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds – lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp cardamom seeds - lightly crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 stalks lemongrass – lightly crushed
- 1 knob ginger – sliced
- 300ml vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- 300ml coconut milk
- 2 limes
- Coconut flakes
- Coriander – chopped
- Spring onion – chopped
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- Heat up olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add coriander seeds, cardamom seeds, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, chilli flakes, lemongrass stalks and ginger. Mix well.
- Pour in vegetables consommé and coconut milk. Reduce heat and allow the mixture to simmer for about 5-8 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the Quorn Swedish Style Balls, simmer for another 3 minutes and turn off the stove
- Zest and squeeze the juice of 2 limes into the broth, stirring to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place the Quorn Swedish Style Balls in the center of the plate and ladle a generous amount of broth over the Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- Garnish with chopped coriander, spring onion and coconut flakes
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.