Quorn Fillets spicy soup in light coconut milk and mushroom
This vegetable consomme is so versatile and is super easy to prepare at the beginning of the week and then dish out each night - in fact, the flavours will actually become richer as the days pass! Use this consomme to accompany your favourite Quorn product for an extra hit of nutrients and fibre.
A Little Effort
- 4 pcs Quorn Fillets
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2-3 leaves kaffir lime leaf
- 1-2 galangal root
- 2-3 pcs red chilli padi
- 300 g Chinese cabbage
- 300 g celery
- 300 g carrot
- 200 g yellow beans (soaked for 1 hour in cold water)
- 10 g white pepper corn
- 3 litres water
- 800 ml of cooked vegetables consommé (see ingredients above)
- 1/4 cup green lime juice
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 coconut cream
- 2 sprigs coriander leaf
- A dash of chili oil
- Cut the Quorn Fillets into bite sizes.
- Bring the vegetable stock to boil, add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal sliced then boil for 5 minutes.
- Add th mushroom and coconut cream then bring to boil again.
- Add Quorn fillets then boil another few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and seasoning with green lime juice and light soy sauce and chilli.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chilli oil.
For the vegetable consomme:
- Dice all the vegetables.
- Bring the water to boil and add in all the vegetables.
- Simmer on very low-heat 1 hour (or until there is only 1 liter left).
- Sieve the vegetables and save the jucie.
- Combine with the Quorn Fillets.