Quorn Meat Free Pieces with Whole Garlic & Capsicum in Black Pepper Cream
This smokey stir-fry favourite combines Quorn Meat Free Pieces with crunchy capsicums soaked in a black pepper cream sauce. It will definitely be a hit during your family dinners!
A Little Effort
- 150g Quorn Meat Free Pieces – to be fried with sufficient oil
- 2tbsp oil
- 10 pcs whole garlic – deep fried
- 10 pcs whole shallot – deep fried
- 80g red capsicum – diced
- 80 green capsicum – diced
- 80g yellow capsicum – diced
- 4 tbsp home-made black pepper cream (refer to recipe below)
- 2 tsp Hua Tiao Chiew
- Corn starch mixture (1:1 solution of corn starch and water)
- White sesame seeds – for garnish
- 160ml water – room temperature
- 40ml Maggi seasoning
- 40ml black pepper powder
- 300ml tomato ketchup
- 40ml HP sauce
- 50g sugar
- 50g unsalted butter – diced
- Fry Quorn Meat Free Pieces till crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Flash fry red, green, yellow capsicum in oil for a minute. Set aside.
- Heat up wok with oil, add in capsicums, garlic, shallot and Quorn Meat Free Pieces. Stir till well incorporated.
- Add black pepper sauce and thicken with a dash of corn starch and Hua Tiao Chiew.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds.
Home-made Black Pepper Cream:
- Add butter to a wok over medium heat. As it starts to melt, add in the black pepper powder and stir till well incorporated.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.