Quorn Meat Free Pieces with BBQ Sesame Sauce
Nothing like a good, rich BBQ sesame sauce to add flavour to our all-time favourite Quorn Pieces! Its aromatic and flavourful sauce, will go perfectly well with a bowl of steamed rice for a comforting dinner.
- 300g Quorn Meat Free Pieces – thawed
- 300g tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup black vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch solution (1:1 solution of corn starch and water)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
- 2 tbsp roasted white sesame seed – for garnish
- Coat Quorn Meat Free Pieces with egg yolk before dry coating with corn starch, set aside.
- Heat oil up in a small pot over medium heat and fry Quorn Meat Free Pieces until golden brown, set aside.
- Combine ketchup, vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar, black vinegar and dark soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat up wok over medium heat with oil, add the sauce mixture and stir till the mixture just starts to boil.
- Add fried Quorn Meat Free Pieces to the sauce and stir till well incorporated. Thicken with the corn starch mixture.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds.