- Thai Curry with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
Thai Curry with Quorn Meat Free Pieces3 out of 5, 1 based on 28 ratings
Thai Curry with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
Our Thai vegetable curry with Quorn Pieces is a great alternative for curry fans everywhere. Just 172 calories and 1.3g saturated fat per serving.
172 CalsPer serving
- 300g pack Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 2 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6-8 shallots or 2 small red onions, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 200ml tinned coconut milk
- 1 medium carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 100g mange tout
- 100g bamboo shoots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or Thai basil, if available
- 1 green or red chilli pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced into rings
Marinate the Quorn Pieces in sweet soy sauce for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil and fry the shallots until softened then add the Thai curry paste and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, the marinated Quorn Pieces and the carrot strips and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the mange-tout and the bamboo shoots and cook for a few minutes longer - the vegetables should still be crunchy.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Garnish with lime wedges, chopped coriander or Thai basil and a few very finely sliced chilli pieces.
Serve with plain boiled Thai rice.
Did you know? You can use reduced-fat coconut milk instead. To increase your fibre intake, why not try swapping the white rice for brown or wild rice too?