Quorn Meat Free Pieces in Sweet & Sour Stir Fry
If you're not sure how to make sweet and sour sauce with less saturated fat and fewer calories, our sweet and sour Quorn Pieces recipe is just the ticket to add a taste of the Orient to any weeknight.
10 g of fat
- 350g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 400g stir fry mixed vegetables of your choice e.g. sliced yellow and red pepper, mange tout, baby corn, sliced courgettes, bamboo shoots etc.
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 3 tsp cornflour mixed with a little water
- Marinate the Quorn Pieces with the orange juice, sherry, soy sauce, wine vinegar, and garlic, covered for 30 minutes. Remove Quorn pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Heat half of the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened, remove.
- Add the Quorn Pieces and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the onions
- Add the remaining oil and fry the mixed vegetables for 4 minutes or until tender, but still crunchy. Return the Quorn Pieces and onion to the wok.
- Mix the reserved marinade with the vegetable stock, honey and cornflour and stir into the vegetables. Cover the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, season and serve your sweet & sour stir fry with noodles of your choice. Click on the following link and check out our 'How to' video