- 300g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, washed and roughly chopped
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g drained sweetcorn
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot, mixed with water
- In a large pan, add the vegetable stock and heat until it has reached a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the bay leaves, carrots, leeks and celery. Simmer for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the pieces for 7 minutes, until beginning to turn golden. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to fry for 3 minutes until softened. Transfer into the large saucepan with the sweetcorn, chilli flakes and arrowroot. Stir well, allow to simmer and thicken slightly.
- Remove the bay leaves and season to taste.
Serve with a chunk of crusty bread and butter.
Suitable for home freezing.