Trio Eggs Spinach with Poached Quorn Meat Free Mince
A simple and nutritious dish that is healthy and suitable for all occasions! Packed with lots of protein and fibre from spinach, paired with a trio combination of eggs that give a distinct flavour. What’s more, add some Quorn Mince for some additional texture and extra protein and fibre boost!
- 100g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 10 cloves whole garlic – peeled and deep fried till golden brown
- 3 salted egg yolks – flattened and steamed for 6 – 8 minutes, quartered
- 1 century egg – diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500ml vegetables consommé (refer recipe below)
- 4 tsp Hua Tiao Chiew
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch solution (1:1 solution of corn starch and water)
- 1 egg white - beaten
- 250g Chinese spinach – cut 2 inches long
- 10g wolfberries – soaked in lukewarm water until plump for garnish
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- In a wok over medium heat, add oil & vegetable consommé and bring to a boil.
- Add fried garlic, Quorn Meat Free Mince, salted egg yolk and century egg. Mix well
- Add Hua Tiao Chiew, salt, sugar and white pepper powder to the mixture.
- Thicken with a dash of corn starch solution.
- Add spinach to the sauce and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Slowly pour in the beaten egg white, stirring to mix.
- To serve, remove spinach and place it in the centre of the serving bowl or plate. Pour the thickened sauce over it and garnish with soaked wolfberries.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.