Quorn Lime and Coconut Curry
Make this delicious vegan lime and coconut curry, made with Quorn Pieces that are low in saturated fat and high in protein. The dish is made in one pan in just 20 minutes, making it perfect for a no-fuss, tasty weeknight dinner.
A Little Effort
18 g of fat
- 1 bag Quorn Pieces
- 2 small limes - juiced
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 red onion - finely diced
- 1 fresh red chilli - finely diced
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Handful of fresh coriander - finely chopped (and a little more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (mixed into one tablespoon water)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, and add the onion, cooking on a medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the frozen Quorn Pieces (there's no need to defrost them) and diced red chilli to the onions, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add the vegetable stock, lime juice, fresh coriander and chilli flakes and bring to a boil, before allowing the ingredients to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and turmeric to the pan, bring back to the boil, and then allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Next, add the cornflour mixed with water to the pan, stir well, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve with rice and garnish with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander.
*Recipe credit: Moral Fibres
Did you know? To increase your fibre and micronutrient intake, why not serve with brown or wild rice, or a whole wheat flatbread?
If you prefer, you can use reduced-fat coconut milk.