- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas mark 6.
- In a roasting tin, space out the butternut squash evenly and drizzle with 2tbsp oil, sprinkle over the chilli flakes, and season. Ensure the squash is well coated before roasting for 35 minutes until tender. Pulse in blender for 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onions for 7 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, sage and ground cloves and continue to fry for 3 minutes, set aside.
- Combine the squash with the mince, parmesan and onion mixture. Stir in half of the beaten egg.
- Dust your work-surface with flour and roll the pastry into a rectangle, about half a centimetre thick, 20cm wide, 45cm long and cut in half.
- Brush the sides of the pastry with the beaten egg. Place the sausage filling along the centre, then fold the pastry over and pinch closed to seal. Use your fingers or press down with a fork for a neat edge.
- Cut into bite-size pieces. Brush with the egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
TIP: serve with cranberry sauce or rich onion gravy.
Serving suggestion: This recipe can also be used as a main meal. Either form into a parcel or a plait and cook for 30 minutes.