Vietnamese Rice Roll with Quorn Meat Free Mince and Bolognese Sauce
A traditional Vietnamese dish that’s reinterpreted to give it a modern twist. It’s refreshing and gives you much more fibre and protein with each bite, just by adding Quorn Mince!
- 500g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion – finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 carrot – diced
- 100g celery– diced
- 100g frozen peas
- 300g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 10 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 100g cabbage – shaved
- 100g carrots – shaved
- 100g cucumber – shaved
- 100g onions – sliced
- 150g sriracha chili sauce (for dipping)
- Heat up oil in a pot over medium heat and add chopped garlic and onions.
- When the onions start to sweat, add in diced carrots, celery and frozen peas, stirring with each addition.
- Add in Quorn Meat Free Mince and mix well before adding the whole peeled tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat slightly and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Set the Bolognese mixture aside to cool.
- Dip the Vietnamese rice paper in water for 10 seconds to lightly hydrate it and lay it on a flat surface to soften.
- Lay shaved cabbage, carrots, cucumber and sliced onions at the lower portion of the rice paper, followed by the Bolognese mixture and gently roll up the rice paper, tucking in the sides tightly as you roll.
- To serve, trim and cut the rolls to desired size to serve.