- 350g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 small, green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 100ml hot water
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, green chillies and all of the ground and fresh spices and fry for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Pieces.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, the lime zest and juice a few minutes before the end of the cooking time. Season to taste.
Enjoy with fried plantain and boiled white rice.
Feel free to switch to reduced-fat coconut milk if you preferred and how about using brown or wild rice to contribute to your daily fibre intake? We should all be aiming for 30g of fibre per day.