- Quorn Meat Free Pieces with BBQ Sesame Sauce
Quorn Meat Free Pieces with BBQ Sesame Sauce3.0243902439024 out of 5, 1 based on 41 ratings
Quorn Meat Free Pieces with BBQ Sesame Sauce
Nothing like a good, rich BBQ sesame sauce to add flavour to our all-time favourite Quorn Pieces! Its aromatic and flavourful sauce, will go perfectly well with a bowl of steamed rice for a comforting dinner.
- 300g Quorn Meat Free Pieces – thawed
- 300g tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup black vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch solution (1:1 solution of corn starch and water)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
- 2 tbsp roasted white sesame seed – for garnish
Coat Quorn Meat Free Pieces with egg yolk before dry coating with corn starch, set aside.
Heat oil up in a small pot over medium heat and fry Quorn Meat Free Pieces until golden brown, set aside.
Combine ketchup, vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar, black vinegar and dark soy sauce and set aside.
Heat up wok over medium heat with oil, add the sauce mixture and stir till the mixture just starts to boil.
Add fried Quorn Meat Free Pieces to the sauce and stir till well incorporated. Thicken with the corn starch mixture.
Garnish with white sesame seeds.