Yellow Pumpkin Broth with Quorn Meat Free Pieces and Mushroom
Grab your spoon and enjoy mildly sweet, creamy and aromatic soup for a quick and simple meal. Sprinkle some of our Quorn Meat Free Pieces to give it an additional crunch, on top of all the fibre and protein it gives!
- 120g Quorn Meat Free Pieces
- 120g enoki mushrooms – poached
- 80g hon-shimeiji mushroom
- 4 tsp yellow pumpkin puree (about 100g of fresh pumpkin)
- 1.5 litres vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Hua Tiao Chiew
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- 4 pieces of whole young coconut – open, juices reserved
- Spring onion – chopped
- Coriander – chopped
- Vegetable Consommé:
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- To prepare puree: steam diced pumpkin for 20 minutes, till soft. Using a blender, puree with the addition of water till it reaches the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Deep fry Quorn Meat Free Pieces till crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Bring vegetable consommé to a boil and season with salt, sugar, Hua Tiao Chiew and white pepper. Add enoki mushroom and hon-shimeiji and stir.
- Thicken with a dash of corn starch solution and add in pumpkin puree.
- Place whole coconut shells in a separate steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into steamed whole coconut and top with crispy Quorn Meat Free Pieces.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.