Thai Spicy Herbs Salad with Quorn Meat Free Mince
Commonly known as Larb, this meat-free twist to a popular salad dish in Thailand and Laos will pack a punch with its citrusy flavours, combined with the sweetness and crunchy texture from its ingredients. What’s more, it comes with loads of goodness like protein and fibre from Quorn Mince
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 80g shallot – thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander – chopped
- 8 pieces kaffir lime leaf – thinly sliced
- 1 bud Ginger flower – finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves – whole
- 2 dragon fruit – halved and flesh removed to be used as a bowl
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml vegetable consommé (refer to recipe below)
- ½ cup puffed rice and extra for garnishing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dried chili powder
- 300g Chinese cabbage
- 300g celery
- 300g carrot
- 200g white onion
- 200g dried soy bean – soaked in water for an hour
- 10g white peppercorn
- 3L water
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add oil, vegetable consommé and Quorn Meat Free Mince, stirring well until all the ingredients are heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Add light soy sauce, dried chilli powder, lime juice, shallots, kaffir lime leaves, ginger flower, puffed rice, and stir to mix well.
- Add mint leaves and chopped coriander to the mixture.
- To serve, scoop Mince mixture into the hollowed dragon fruit halves and garnish with puffed rice.
- Dice all vegetables
- In a large stock pot, bring 3L of water to boil, and add in all ingredients then bring to boiling
- Simmer over a low heat for an hour or until the liquid has reduced to about 1 litre
- Remove the vegetables and store the stock for use.