Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie
There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a big helping of home-cooked cottage pie. Our take on this recipe is deliciously filling, but it's low in calories and saturated fat!
5 g of fat
- 350g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas or mixed veg
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 dessert spoon vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste in 1 tbsp cold water
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened.
- Add the Quorn mince, frozen veg, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the cornflour made into a paste with the tablespoon of cold water and continue to simmer gently, stirring all the time, until thickened. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn mince filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp.
- Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.